What are we?

This blog is devoted to people like us who need a daily spiritual outlet and motivation to keep up with our personal scripture study.
Join us as we begin and discuss the Book of Mormon daily--an online Institute class of sorts!

We welcome your comments, your experiences, and your thoughts.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Yay for missionaries!!!

I am just bursting with excitment right now. One of my friends from North Carolina sent me a message on facebook last night to tell me she is getting baptized! I am just so happy for her. I had to call her to get the details. She is going to dental school right now, which is awesome, and she has a lot of BYU/people from Utah in the program with her. She said one of them invited her to go to church with her, and she did. Then she started the discussions...and now she is getting baptized in 2 weeks. Just knowing what I know about the Gospel and how lost I would be without it makes me so happy that one of my friends will now get to share in that joy. I felt prompted to share a little bit of my testimony with her, so I just told her how important it was to me and I know it will change her life. She told me that she was worried about how her parents would react, but they are actually really happy for her. That makes the whole thing even more wonderful. I also felt so happy as we were talking, just thinking: "We are going to be sisters in the gospel now. I can't wait to share this with you!" I just had to share with you guys. Elise, she is actually going to school in Virginia at VCU. Maybe you could look her up? Her name is Katie Berkelhammer. It's probably a long shot, but you never know!

2 comments:

Tori said...

Chelsea, I'm so happy for you! I know I would be ecstatic if any of my friends joined.

Natalie Sue said...

That is so neat! I can imagine that you are extremely happy! What wonderful news!