What are we?

This blog is devoted to people like us who need a daily spiritual outlet and motivation to keep up with our personal scripture study.
Join us as we begin and discuss the Book of Mormon daily--an online Institute class of sorts!

We welcome your comments, your experiences, and your thoughts.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Wednesday Girl!

Hey everyone! I am Chelsea. Let me tell you a little about myself. I graduated from BYU in December in Communication Disorders. I am waiting to find out where I will be attending Grad School in the same field of study. I was just accepted at the University of Utah!! But we are anxiously awaiting to hear from BYU. I have been married for 3 years to Jeff. We met while he was serving his mission in North Carolina. I mostly grew up there. I was at BYU at the time, but I met him when I went home. I wrote him once a week, but he was good and did not write me. His mom invited me to this huge family party two days after he got home, and we hit it off instantly. It was amazing! We have one daughter, Brooklynn. She is nine months! She is crawling all over the place and pulling herself up on everything. We are betting that she will be walking by 10 months...we shall see! My family now lives in St. George and Jeff's in West Valley. It's nice to be close enough to visit, but not live right next door hehe. Jeff does tile work for his dad, who runs his own company. He is contemplating going to school for accounting, but I am making him put it off while I finish school. One day, he will be able to do that!

So I was reading in the Book of Mormon this morning. I am on my own course, but excited to already start again for this blog. I am in the war chapters in Alma. I heard something interesting the other day. Someone said that there is something to be learned from every chapter in the Book of Mormon, including the war chapters. I had never actually thought about that before, but it's true! I just read about the Stripling Warriors, and I think this is the first time I have really appreciated what they stand for. Their faith was unwavering. But what I wanted to focus on is Alma 58:37. "But behold, it mattereth not--we trust God will deliver us, notwithstanding [our] weakness." How powerful is that! These men are in the midst of a war, fighting for their lives and their families' lives, but they were not afraid. They knew that their lives were in God's hands. I need to work on that. I need to put more trust in God. I feel like I have so little faith in myself, and a lot of times that keeps me from having faith in God. I need to step up, and put my life in God's hands. I need to trust that whatever weaknesses I have and trials I may face, God will support me and deliver me from them. I hope all of you can apply this to your own lives.

This is getting long, but I just wanted to say...Tori, I have not stopped thinking about what you said about doing something of eternal value each day. I'm trying to be better about that as well! I'm just so excited we are doing this. Also, my blog is jncnr.blogspot.com, so feel free to add it! And Alicia, can you make a cool signature for me? I don't really understand what to do lol. Thanks!!!

No comments: