What are we?

This blog is devoted to people like us who need a daily spiritual outlet and motivation to keep up with our personal scripture study.
Join us as we begin and discuss the Book of Mormon daily--an online Institute class of sorts!

We welcome your comments, your experiences, and your thoughts.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hi. I'm Alicia!

Hey Everyone! It’s Alicia - your (mainly) Tuesday Gal! Let me tell you a little bit about me!


I was born in Provo and raised on the itty-bitty island of Kauai since I was 4! I met my husband, Cameron there after his mission for the Church. I attended BYU-Hawaii for 3 semesters before I said Aloha O’e to the islands and moved on to bigger things… like Utah! It was in Utah that Cameron and I “courted” and married. We have been married for four years and now have two boys! Makoa is 2 and Ka’imi is 10 months old (approximately 16 months apart)! I am fortunate to stay home with my boys. I am also a Photographer (mostly portrait) and I love blogging (to “journal”, entertain and connect), reading (hello, Stephenie Meyer!), sleeping (priceless!), and learning new things! My “public” blog is “Sweet Nothings” at thelasdyisablogger.blogspot.com


A quick thought I have to share is this, You Can Do Hard Things. One of the most encouraging books I have read is Sheri Dew’s If Life Were Easy, It Wouldn’t Be Hard. Brilliant! We can learn and grow from our trials – if we choose to. With faith in our Heavenly Father, we can become “refined” as we go through our own personal refiners fires. If we endure our trials (no matter how big or small) with faith, we will become the women God sees in us!


I look forward to learning and growing with you all!



No comments: