What are we?

This blog is devoted to people like us who need a daily spiritual outlet and motivation to keep up with our personal scripture study.
Join us as we begin and discuss the Book of Mormon daily--an online Institute class of sorts!

We welcome your comments, your experiences, and your thoughts.

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mosiah 16

Are the words of Abinadi not inspiring? How pure and simple are the words throughout the Book of Mormon! I love it! Literally words of God.

Chapter 16 is relatively short, but full of doctrine!

"The time shall come when all shall see the salvation of the Lord; when every nation, kindred, tongue and and people shall see eye to eye and shall confess before God that his judgements are just." (v.1)

But even though everyone will know of God and that He is God... not everyone will accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ. There will still be sin and wickedness and, until the devil is bound, "organized temptation" as well.  I guess I cannot comprehend how some will not be converted and believe in Christ after witnessing his Return. I suppose it goes to say that "seeing isn't believing".

"And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no sting, there could have been no resurrection.

But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ." (v. 7-8)

I try not to dwell on what it would be like if there were no resurrection, but that's just depressing! I am so grateful for the atonement and the blessing of resurrection! When my 20 year old brother died after a motorcycle accident it was truly the most real the Plan of Salvation had ever been to me. I have always been a "believer", but after Ryan's death I really had to ask myself, "Do I really believe that I will see him again?" My answer was,  "Yes! Yes, I will see Ryan again! Yes, this is real!"  And because I knew this, and it is real, I need to get my act together! This is the real deal. I know what I have to do. Ever since, my life has been more focused and I am more determined to be obedient. I'm not perfect by any means, but I want to attain eternal perfection so badly!

"Teach them that redemption cometh through Christ the Lord, who is the very Eternal Father..." (v.15)

When I read this verse, my thought was that this is what I need to teach my children. It was direct instruction from the Lord of what I need to focus on when teaching my family. :) I love moments like that.

No comments: