What are we?

This blog is devoted to people like us who need a daily spiritual outlet and motivation to keep up with our personal scripture study.
Join us as we begin and discuss the Book of Mormon daily--an online Institute class of sorts!

We welcome your comments, your experiences, and your thoughts.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Omni

Welcome to the dying blog! hehe jk...I hope! What happened to everyone?

I never noticed before that Omni felt like a wicked man. "I have not kept the statutes and commandments of the Lord as I ought to have done." What I love about this is that he is aware and is able to acknowledge where he is at spiritually. I feel like we are in a time where we are less aware of where we should be spiritually, and, not to be depressing, but we don't know how wicked we are. I mean that figuratively. I feel like I have become so lazy, and I do not give enough time to feeding my spirit. We sort of talked about this in Stake Conference last week. The speaker raised the question: "How many hours can you sit in front of the television a day, and then forget to pray or read your scriptures?" "How many days do you plan out on your calendar, and then forget to go to the temple that month?" It took hearing that for me to realize...wow I am doing those things! So that is the point I was trying to make. I promise I wasn't trying to call anyone wicked! hehe.
Verse 6 teaches an awesome principle: "For the Lord would not suffer, after he had led them out of the land of Jerusalem and kept and preserved them from falling into to the hands of their enemies, yea, he would not suffer that the words should not be verified, which he spake unto our fathers, saying that: In asmuch as ye will not keep my commandments ye shall not prosper in the land." Like any parent, I believe that Heavenly Father does not want to punish us nor see us suffer, but He is bound by certain laws, and He is bound by what He says. We can't pick the consequences, and in a way, neither does He. He has laws set in place, and He cannot spare us from the consequences of our actions.

This chapter/book talks about the people of Zarahemla joining with the people of Mosiah. They escaped at the time of the Babylonian captivity and were brought to this land by the hand of the Lord. It is just amazing to me how perfectly the Lord has things planned out, and He will always provide a way whereby they may be accomplished. It is so easy to doubt that when you are standing at the end of a dark tunnel and cannot see the light on the other side. But I do believe that, if the Lord knows we need to do something, or are destined to do something, He will make it possible. We must have that faith in him.
This book also talks about Coriantumr and the tower of Babel?? where the languages were confounded.

There is a powerful verse at the end (26): "And now my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

What more can I add to that...
I love the Book of Mormon!

No comments: